Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Furniture Allowance, Career Blues and Super Series

Ok I guess I will make this short and quick, because I missed my sehri today and I have a sever headache. First of all Ramzan Mubarak to everyone , may this month bring happiness and success to our lives and strengthen our faith. One good news, I have finally do have my relocation bonus that means now I can get all those home appliances which I needed so badly, yaaaaay :D. list goes like TV, DVD player, Microwave, Fridge, Stove, vacuum cleaner and a mixer(so that I can start with my shakes too) and yea not to forget iron bed and one iron, inshAllah. Phew! Surely a long list but am sure Carrefour will be able to fulfill my needs with grace, dignity and honor :D.

Ramzan hasn’t started yet in Pakistan, which is kinda weird since we have already started two days back. Normally there is a difference of one day but two :O, now if I go to Pakistan on Eid I will be most probably heading back on day 2, errrr this is no good :(. I am missing home iftari :(, it was first yesterday and I am already missing it. Plus having minor attacks of homesickness, probably because not of ramzan but maybe because I am feeling kind of insecure about my professional career. Normally when I feel insecure I miss home and its no different now. And the reason being I still cannot formulate a professional path from myself, maybe because so far I am not able to do the kind of work I always wanted too and I am just flirting around here and there. The major reason I joined this place was, here I will have enough time to do something about my career, make a plan and work on it. So far I haven’t started thinking on that much but soon I will have too. GRE is one thing which I really I want to take, I want to give myself an option(I know quite a few will not agree with my idea) but I always felt that after doing MS I might have a chance to get into the kind of work I always wanted, missed that after my Bachelors or should I say never could take those opportunities which were presented, MS might give me another chance. Second idea is to add to my skills set by hobby work, but that will take a lot of determination and motivation and at times I lack that will power to end. I think I will go for both and will balance between them. Most probably will take GRE in early Jan that gives me more than enough time to practice but I will miss most of the deadlines to apply for admissions. Anyways time will tell how much determined I was, fate is my hand it is I who need to make it happen. Today the Weekend starts so I will see you guys on Saturday inshAllah.

PS: There is this Super Series going on between Australia and World Best XI(ofcourse cricker) and Damn I will miss all of those matches :(. Today is the first match and World XI are getting their asses kicked big time by the Aussies but am sure they will bounce back in next matches.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home