Monday, September 12, 2005

Soon Departing

An update after ages it seems and sure it is, last one was on 1st of September and its already 12th today. Anyways so what is keeping me busy these days? Frankly I believe its my laziness :D, it seems after my last day at work, sleep has overtaken me as if it was waiting for its opportunity. On Monday flew to Islamabad to get my degree attested from HEC(and here is a note for everyone who has studied outside sindh but do live in sindh that whenever you need to get your degrees attested from some Eduction Authorithy trip to HEC Islamabad is the only solution), came back that night. Degree was attested with the help of a visit to the Dean of one of the NUST’s Department(that was not required if the darn HEC people had updated their site and had removed PEC registeration as of one of the requirement). Didn’t sleep that night and went to work for my last day. So on Tuesday 6th of September came an end to one of the memorable period of my life, where I achieved a lot, gained lots of confidence and started to believe in myself. It was one emotional day and I was last to leave my room.
Since then in mornings I have been going out visiting different ministries getting my degrees attested, passport stamped and getting done all those formalities(costing me a fortune, trust me it doesn’t come cheap). In evenings when I am supposed to meet up with my friends or do some shopping I have been sleeping instead, only to wake up at night and watch US Open, yup Sidz I did and I did.

But woah some US Open this was, specially Day 10 when we had Guillermo Coria vs. Robby Ginepri Match,Andre Agassi vs. James Black and in between Elena Dementieva vs. Lindsay Davenport. All three were awesome and never sure of result matches. All three were perfect examples of never say die approach. The Guillermo Coria vs. Robby Ginepri Match was one where after each game, match was swinging to one player then another and it was a perfect setup for the later matches of that night. Then on Day 12 came the heart breaker when Sharapova lost to Kim Clijsters, although Sharapova played one of her worst games but one thing she showed that she has brains. When her primary style of play wasn’t working she switched to secondary plan and really executed it well. I believe the break she took after second set allowed Kim Clijsters to come back into the match and take the third set. And finally today Andre Aggasi after winning 3 consecutive 5 setters had to face the mighty Roger Federer and it all seemed Aggasi will atleast take it to 5 sets but Fedrer wanted to party early and in the end won 6-3,2-6,7-6,6-1. Although my mom was in complete favor of Aggasi(So was I) to win but it was not to be. But the 35 year old fella had a great great run in this tourney and made it clear that even at the age of 35 one can play some of the best tennis, specially some of his returns were just breathtaking.

Oh btw on Wednesday(night) or Thursday(morning) I will be flying to Dubai inshAllah and from there will be taken to Al-Ain. I seriously wanted to do so many things before departing but I guess I will have to leave them where they are and hope that some day I will have my chance. Don’t think my mom is quite happy with all this she finds it as a forced decision or one which could have been avoided(if I had been satisfied with my career path which I was heading) rather than one which was over due. She thinks its in our family to go abroad just for the heck of it :D, maybe she is right time will tell.
Lets hope things turn out bright. Btw I have been tagged by this Pilot guy and will surely come back to it but who would I tag (I wonder).

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home