Saturday, October 01, 2005

Gitex , Shoper and Rest.

ok so on Wednesyday I went for the much-hyped Gitex show. And it was one hell of an issue getting to the halls first through crazy traffic and then get a parking , we managed to get one right at the end after looking for one for like 10 minutes. Anyhow got there, registered and entered. That place was like filled with humans as if everyone who knows I and T of IT in literal way was there. I headed straight into software hall and next of my four hours were spent in there, looking around talking to different exhibitors, trying to act as if I am a potential buyer :P(they must have caught me am sure). Trying to understand what kind of software tools are used in this part of the earth. Few Pakistani companies had their stalls but it seemed the major players kept themselves away, except for Kalsoft which was there as microsoft gold partner. There was no shortage of booth babes(no pictures taken, for the disappointment of male visitors) one Gadget magazine had 4-5 labenese girls dressed in weird outfits and occasinally dancing with music. Microsoft wasnt short of any, either, though they had very useful seminars going too. anyhow after wandering for couple of hours I developed a sever headache and had to take on a tablet, reason must be just going around in circles and trying to discover what is my purpose coming here and how should I achieve it(I think I was thinking too much). oh well contacts-network building is not something I am good at so I guess mission failed.

From Gitex we moved to Shoper where all the electronics stuff(read laptops) were on sale on reasonable good price. Again no short of female sales force I guess thats how the sales work. Rehan my friend had to buy a laptop so he got busy looking for a suitable model and I was just checking out prices. But the most disappointing fact was non of the useful gadgets were there plus the biggest for me was PSP games were even more costlier :'(, this is so bad I cant think of buying any new titles for time being. errr so so mad I am. Found a nice desktop PC for 2000 dhs but my friends talked me out of it, their point was when I do have a laptop at my disposal why go for another PC. point good but but first of all this notebook has very less space left in it, its CD-Rom isnt working properly and the best part of having a desktop is you can customize it as anyway you like(anyone agrees?). I think for gamers a desktop PC is must so I guess I will go for it later. Got home at 10 that night and slept.

Next day was thursday and I had to attend this welcome party arranged by the Pakistani community in the university. It was good to meet quite a few people but almost of them were in mid 40s or late 40s. Discovered that a professor of mine who left GIK while teaching us the course has joined this month too. Yup Ather its Amir Asif , Logic Design teacher. Introduced myself to him but he seemed a bit reluctant and ofcourse there was no way he could have recognized me. and even later on he kept a distance :P. After Dinner I had plans to goto Dubai to meet my ex-colleague Irfan(Omair aka OM knows all about him). But then decided to go there Friday morning and instead went to watch a movie and that was the biggest mistake I made. I wasted 30 dhs on the most stupid movie one could ever see, it has left Indian movies far behind in its action thrills, errrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and there is no mention of it in Yahoo movies aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I showed have checked that out first. Oh well on friday morning then left to meet iffi , came back at night and from today resumed office again. sheeesh I have a headache again I dont think I am quite adjusted to this LCD display yet.

PS: I havenot checked any errors for spelling. not in mood.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home