Sunday, September 25, 2005

Updates from Al-Ain

Alrite guys finally an update after nine days of landing. I guess I should first describe Al-Ain a bit. Al-Ain is very much like Islamabad, ok weather wise no way. But it is green, it is quiet and it has far lesser crowd than Dubai. But not many places to hang around. Just couple of malls but the best thing they do have a cinema :D and am already done with two movies. First week was pretty boring, I was staying in a rest house which didn’t have more than 100 rooms. University’s requirement is that every new employee has to go through a medical test and before that you cannot start your work nor they will shift you to your apartment and I mean a “thorough medical test”, yups guessed right. Got that done on Saturday and reports came back on Tuesday so guys I am a medically fit man :P.

Suddenly there I found myself with loads of time and nothing to do and am telling you its not a good feeling. All I did was read or roam around in malls and explore the area. My mp3 player came in real handy, especially during long walks at night, when I would head back after dinner. Will not suggest anyone using a cab for shorter distances and I am thinking of getting a cycle till I get my license. Also communication is expensive here, one single sms to any paki cell number costs me 9 Rs. and making calls isn’t cheap either, have already spent quite a sum on making phone calls to home(must cut). Got keys of an apartment actually its not an apartment, small 3 bedroom villa with TV lounge and dining separate. So its pretty big for a single man. Went to dubai on Thursday (I guess I will be making frequent visits at the weekends) so could not shift there immediately. Came back Friday night and yesterday I have finally shifted to my own place. It is seriously no easy task setting up your own place, even if I got it with a bed, sofa, cupboard and a dinning table. Still with this much furniture, there are so many small things to purchase. I was just roaming around in carre four and was picking up anything which looked suitable. If you don’t have a clear mind what you are supposed to buy you tend to waste quite a lot of time and money. Anyhow so shifted there last evening and went out straight away to check out the neighborhood and more importantly to get couple of curtains(cant sleep with open windows). Walked a lot, seems like a good area with a shopping area near by and a good small mall and couple of restaurants too. Now I need to rush back again and wash dishes :S, wont start cooking until I get a fridge and a better stove. Lets c. anyways people here is an update on what is happening I am sure it is a crappy write once again and one in which I have missed many details, but anyways will be posting quite frequently now.

PS: don’t have phone line at home, cant have it until I get my ID and that is not a week before. So no TV no fone at home :(, just me , my books and my PSP.

Bye all.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home