Saturday, August 27, 2005

27 on 27th and a Breaking News.

Yup people its my 27th birthday on 27th of August , kewl na ;). Yup yup am a budha now :P. its so far so good I would say, Dad called. Sister Called. Loads of friends called , got text messages and a very cute card from a very cute friend :P and it all felt good. Thank you all :D. So far no plans for tomorrow as yet, office colleagues were planning one so lets see how it goes. Using cake mix and some assistance from mom I have baked one chocolate cake for colleagues tomorrow, lets hope how it tastes well so far it smells yummy :D.

By the way wanted to break a news from past couple of weeks, but wasn’t finding appropriate time to do that. Infact still there is some time left in the process but am hoping inshAllah everything will be fine(bit worried though). Yea so the news is I have resigned from my current place, yup its over(I shall write about my experience here soon). Few weeks back I got an offer from University of UAE in Al-Ain to work in their IT Department and I have accepted it. After a significant hue and cry at work, lots of convincing to change my mind and lots of emotional stuff too ;). They have just come to terms of it and have accepted it. I really don’t want to talk about it but my decision was judged with keeping every minute detail in front as if I am committing a serious mistake. Anyways its done so its done.

Anyways so people in first week of September inshAllah, I will be departing this motherland and embarking on a new journey. It sure was a tough decision and I had to keep many parameters in mind but finally I have decided to give myself a chance. I know initially it will be tough, Al-Ain is not Dubai its at one hour drive from it. Quiet and a small town, lets hope I settle there quick. So people if all goes well and I get my new passport on time and those guys issue visa on time, I am left with very few days in my city and with my family. I am already homesick :P, although I have been away from home during my time in GIKI but that was different. I was in same country, had loads of friends, was studying and was always coming home after 2 months :P. but this time no such luxuries but that’s life and this is the way it goes. So wish me luck people :) and yea this blog will not stop inshAllah and do pray
I get my passport soon and then my visa too Thanks again :).

PS: There is so much I need to do in last few days, so many people to meet, places to go, do shopping (havent started yet and its freaking me), learn some cooking specially for sehri and all :(. aaaaaaaaaaaaa suggestions??

--!>

--> << Home