Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year and Tsunami

Happy new year to everyone. May this year bring more success and happiness into your lives and bring more peace and less sufferings to this world. Ameen

Last week was a terrifying experience, the destruction caused by Tsunami was devastating. Many generations wiped out. Children became orphans, parents lost their children, mothers lost their babies, wives their husbands, husbands their wives. It was complete chaos. They say it will take a decade to rebuilt all of those cities and towns, billions of dollars will be required. But I wonder the damage done to the humanity and human lives will that ever be undone? Will those children who are left with no one will ever have any joy of living? Their lives have been almost taken from other, you might call them living dead. But I can’t question the reason behind all of this, my faith doesn’t allow this and I will not cross the line, though my mind wanders at times but I need to hold myself strong.

I wonder how many more lives will it take? How many such disasters are required? How many more destructions will follow? before us humans choose the right path which was given to them, before we stop betraying the one who created us, before we keep polluting earth with our sins. They say those are the sins of us which keep getting accumulated and keep corrupting our world and once it crosses the limit it takes it out. It’s our deeds which bring out such disasters. I just hope and pray that times get better but I am not hopeful and I am scared.

In the end I would make an appeal to everyone of you to contribute as much financially as you can to help the ones who have lost it all. There have been couple of fund collection schemes set up and you can submit your donations to any one of them.

One goes by the name of
President Tsunami relief fund”, all the local banks are collecting funds for this one.

There is another one set up by Mir-Khalil-ur-Rehman Foundation you can submit cheque or cash in the name of “MKRF Tsunami Relief Fund” Account # 010-2462-3 to any branch of UBL. its helpline is 0800-22133

Then Edhi Foundation as usual is involved too you can submit your donations there.

Whatever is convenient to you but please do donate, for humanity for youself.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home