Thursday, November 02, 2006

Karachi Trip

Oh well I will try to keep it short but I doubt it will be :P or maybe will divide it into two posts, yup better idea. Anyhow Eid break(read Eid break, not just Eid to avoid any confusions :P ) was good, had good fun, met many people, had home Iftari, a sehri at hot n spicy, attended a wonderful gig, watched Pakistan getting bystofied at the hands of New Zealand and South Africa, bought movies, tried my hand at cheese cake and it was almost success (will post pics) and slept, yes loads of sleep did I ever tell you guys I love sleeping? Oh well I love sleeping :P.

The Munchkins gig was one of the best I have ever attended, its pity I got to the venue late otherwise it would have been more fun. Everybody knows how talented Gumby and Jafri are but it was the first time I was watching Aamir Alavi(who happens to be first cousin of a very good friend of mine, will talk about it bit later ;) ) and Murtaza Jafar aka KV perform. Aamir’s vocals were extraordinary specially when singing U2, it is not easy to impersonate(thanks abid ;) ) Bonoh but he did it amazingly well. And Murtaza was awesome on guitars playing Edge’s riffs. After the gig it was pleasure to meet Abid, Hira and Insiya, thanks people :). Ok coming back to Aamir it so happens that OM is first cousin of his and I came to know of this through Abid, sigh. The reason I was late to the concert was I was with OM busy buying movies two blocks away :O and then we had dinner at Jan’s broast during that I mentioned to him that I have to goto Dunkin(probably didn’t mention about concert). He even dropped me at Dunkin haha but he never knew that his cousin is performing there and I didn’t know that I will be watching his cousin perform haha, oh well it is a small world.

Next day met F and A at their place after agessss but it never felt that way. Though it would have been great if I had met them on regular basis, such nice people. Too bad their son wasn’t home, his Dadi had him so that means I still haven’t seen him and his first birthday is fast approaching. F plays amazing guitar, doesn’t want to go commercial that is why nobody has heard of him but he is mighty talented. His music room (a small studio like) is simply breathtaking, 9-10 guitars of all sorts hanging on wall, mixing and recording equipment and records and records of music. Was going through his music collection and there was hardly any band I had heard of before but the music was amazing, rock that too Tun walee Rock. He burnt Jeff Buckley’s live at Sin-e, it’s a 2 Cds set and I am in love with it. It was real pleasure to meet them again and yea before coming to their place met M for a short time, oh well somethings better remain unsaid :).

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home