Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another long post, haha I cant stop once I start

A win in an opening match of a tournament is never a special one but if that win comes at the back of mountain of controversies and that too when just a day before the match a huge scandal was hit, it really is a special one. This just shows how much character this team has developed. Written off by the almost all the pundits and fans (including me) and then having a worst possible start they just stormed back their way into the match and snatched it from the jaws of Sri Lankan team, Hats off to the boys. Credit really goes to Younis Khan and Bob Woolmer for keeping the team motivated and fired up for the match and special applause for Shoaib Malik and Abdul Razzak who first with their bowling and then excellent batting sailed us home. It was on Monday when Pakistani cricket was rocked by positive results of dope tests on two of its leading fast bowlers. The news had shattered every single fan of the team. As the possible consequences of this result sank in more fears took their place, possibility of playing world cup without Shoaib and Asif is unimaginable. My dad who doesn’t show much of his emotions called me and expressed his sorrow. It felt that every single person is feeling the effect. I have no idea have they taken it intentionally or unintentionally but this has put a serious dent on the reputation of our team and a jolt to any serious campaign to be the world champions. But the results of inquiries are yet to come and we will soon find out, it will not be easy for PCB to give them a light punishment with so much pressure of ICC and WADA on their back. Anyhow we must wait and be hopeful.

Coming to my side, two weeks back it was announced here at our place that the Eid break would be for a week so I though that instead of doing awaragardi in UAE why don’t I fly home and spend a week there and have home Iftari which is truly a blessing. But my plan as usual came in late and after a hard time trying to get a seat, finally managed one with Emirates :D, so inshAllah Friday morning I would be flying to Karachi and inshAllah will be there for a week and hoping to have a rocking time and meet as many people as possible. Karachiiii c ya.

Oh btw I have started regular running since past two month. Reasons? Well who likes a bulging tummy :P, so I go to uni’s football stadium to run. Initially it was just 3-4 rounds (with a drag in last round) around the field but now its 6 hehe ok ok don’t laugh it is not easy ok to run for 16-17 minutes on a good pace for us office workers who sit on our assess for 6 days a week 12 hours a day and only play football twice a week. Track must be of 400-500 meters so that makes it almost 2.5 to 3 km run good good no? :D. ok that day while jogging I saw this guy hitting long balls(in football when you kick a ball for a long distance its called long ball) with barefoot :O and that too for real long distances and damn accurate too I was like stunned , it was such an embarrassment :P I thought even with shoes on I wont be able to hit that long :(. Oh well then I haven’t played football all my life nor I am that strong physically.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home