Saturday, January 28, 2006

Game,Set and Match

Yes Yes Ladies and Gentlemen I have done it yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay *screams more, first try and bingo :D. Thanks to all of you and Thanks to Allah. It surely was some burden and to get it in first try is one good achievement :D yaay yaay.

It is a funny process really, a bus full of candidates follows the test car which gets driven around the city and one by one each candidate gets off the bus and takes a try. So it is like rest of the people are watching your progress from inside the bus and making guesses. Now the common joke was if a person passes he comes towards the bus smiling and if he doesn’t then he moves away quietly :D. There were no numbers or anything so anyone who wants to get off first and give a try was getting off. Me the lazy bum was sitting on the very last seat showing no interest, at times dozing of at times trying to spot the car or just trying to read the roads they were mostly asking people to drive. One by one people were taking their tries and either coming out happy or dejected. Saad doesn’t move. Soon only four left in bus, for some odd reason I wanted to be the last I just wanted to be last my reverse was also taken when I was the only one left and here I got the chance too :D(superstitious? No just mental).

Finally my turn arrived, I sat in adjusted seat, checked mirrors fasten the seta belt and from parking took it to the main road. Surprisingly I was quite relaxed and Thank God both the police walas were in good mood. And very soon I was in rhythm, the rhythm which I was very rare during my driving classes, my roundabout guesses were on the spot approach speed was nice . Best part was both of them were in cheerful mood and soon they started joking with me plus they asked about my work and when I got into UAE? Etc etc. Then they started urging me to drive faster :P (they wanted to reach their office soon) “juldee juldee ya Mohammad” yup everyone seems to call me Mohammad here. Even the guy who was sitting next to me helped a bit with when to enter the roundabouts hehe. So Thanks God it all came good and yes now I have the license and it is time to get the vehicle soon inshAllah. In evening I shall go to the traffic department to get my official license, right now just have a receipt. Oh well thank you all :D and still it is bit hard to believe that it actually has happened specially the kind of morning practice session I had.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home