Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back

So after almost like 20 days I will be updating this blog and there is a major reason behind it. I wasn’t in the country. Yea the fiber optic cut off brought our office work to stand still (medussa and Om will know all about it) and I along with my department head was sent to Dubai so we could carry out tasks from there and flow of work can be continued even if things are bit out of pace. I shall write about Tour de Dubai next, and in this post will write a bit about that tape ball tourney.

Alright so after surviving on the last ball of the first match and getting a serious scare in the next we were able to march to the finals. Anddddddddd in the finals registered a comprehensive win to become the Champions, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay(too late to cheer yea I know). The tourney was great, we (organizers) received tremendous positive feedback and encouragement for more. It had drama, thrill, excitement, energy, joy, disappointment and a touch of controversy (last thing I wanted) too. But thanks God no regrettable incident occurred and everything went on smoothly. Spectators too were in full mood, some had done face painting, and some were carrying creatively made banners. All in all atmosphere was buzzing with the excitement.

Our first match started around 9:00, 9:30 at night. We managed to tie that match on the last ball where we felt our dreams almost got shattered. Next match was all the same thrilling too which was won in the last over again. Though we were expected to win both of those matches quite easily, but contrary to the expectations our team never got clicked and we got barely win those based on some individual brilliances and oppositions lack of keeping the nerves. Since we had tied our first match we had to replay a short match with that team and won that quite comprehensively. I played well in all those 3 matches taking some wickets but still went for few more run than I would have liked. Anyways in the next round lost our first match and we had to win the next match and win it with some margin. That is where the controversy kicked in, we were not given correct margin to win and later when we won on that margin the next day I discovered it wasn’t the correct margin and we shouldn’t have played the finals. Anyways since we had won on the given conditions so we proceeded to the final. But that match also ruined my night a bit when I went for hell lot of runs in a single over(OM shaap :P). I think I got tired and there wasn’t any steam left in me so went for easy pickings, but the major loss my hammering caused was if I had given a few lesser runs we would have been in finals fair and square and there would not have been any controversy. So I feel the guilty party behind all this and still regret it, but I guess it was all fate.

Anyhow few days after tourney, the fiber optic cable which was providing Pakistan its main internet back bone line was cut off deep in ocean and it left majority of us without any connection to the outside world. As I had mentioned above that event brought a halt to our on going projects and maintenance tasks and some alternative was desperately needed. So it was decided until we get our backup internet link up and running some of us should be sent to Dubai so that work can be restored and damage can be minimized, that’s where my ten trip to the desert land began and I shall write about it soon….

And yea one more thing there is a new blogger in the blog world, He is my bestest buddy and a brother to me so Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Ather Haleem. Mind you he is one busy man and he will update quite rarely but it should be fun reading him.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home