Saturday, June 04, 2005

GIKI

Its been a week since my return and still haven’t written anything, though it almost seemed inevitable that I had to write something tonight. The moment I was on GT Road it felt like someone has thrown me back in time but has kept it incomplete. We reached there around 9 headed straight to café and immediately couple of café staff recognized me and greeted me such an affection its hard to explain. I let ammi sit in café and went straight to my faculty building and right in front of me was the all famous notice board which we had to read every time we would enter the building, then visited my lecture rooms, staff rooms. There was this poster still placed from our time of ACM Gaming competition, the first ever in GIKI, it sure brought back some memories. Convocation started around 11 one hour late thanks to the “Chief Guest”, there I saw couple of my teachers but could not meet any. After the convocation all the new graduates gathered in lawn outside café and performed the traditional cap(whatever it is called) throwing act and I was like been there done that, I exactly knew how they felt. Thought at the time I felt sorry for those who didn’t graduate along with their batch. Its not easy to spent 4 years of life together and then not there when it really matters, felt sad.

For lunch I had specifically chosen my hostel, I knew there would be some of my hostel staff still present. And yes there were they atleast four of them and they greeted me whole heartedly and treated me like a very special guest. It was great to talk to them again and bring back memory of those days, I purposely didn’t visit my room, never wanted too, not even my corridor which was nick named “Prem Gaali” (don’t ask me why, have no idea). Ammi was helping Hammad pack, though he had no plans to come back with us, had couple of interviews in Islamabad plus some clearance work was left too. Infact he is coming tonight in an hour. Later I roamed around the whole institute, taking pictures bringing back those moments. All the time I felt as if from one corner or the other my batch mates would appear, but that never happen. Took pics of The Tuc shop, the famous clock tower ( ;) ask Saady). Although I didn’t feel really good being there, big attack of nostalgia and felt very empty there. But in the end it was good to be there and feel the atmosphere and place again. I would definitely would prefer going there with couple of friends if not my complete group, that should be more fun perhaps that time might come in 4-5 years or so.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home