Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some Tips

Ok found this on net and along with comments in previous post I think I can get there.

1) Heat oil to 325*F (160*C) in deep fryer.

2)Dip frying basket in oil (this prevents the potatoes from sticking to it), then add a handful of potatoes into basket. Lower into oil and par-fry for 3 minutes or until potatoes are tender, but not browned. Lift basket and allow potatoes to drain. Turn out onto a brown paper bag lined with paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining potatoes.

3)Increase the temperature of the heated oil to 375*F (190*C).

4) Return the par-fried potatoes to the oil in batches and cook a second time for 4 minutes until golden and crispy. Drain on a fresh brown paper bag lined with paper towels. Salt to taste and serve hot.

but still no mention of oil quantity , I think I made the mistake of not pre-heating oil will correct that next time. But how in the world I would know oil temperature has now reached upto160C , thermometer maybe hehe. its all about intuition I tell you, all intuition.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home