Saturday, April 22, 2006

Absence

Driving with one hand that too while holding a big ass banner which is half a feet outside your car with another hand and that too in a city which seems like was designed around roundabouts is not easy I tell you. This was yesterday and what was going on in previous nineteen days well not much different, ok I wasn’t holding out banners and driving. But the story is exactly after seven hours, 7th Annual Research Affairs Conference will commence. This is the thing for our department infact I would say the only time of year when everyone from our department is actually working :P. Infect I would say it is one of the major events in University’s Calendar. So from making 170 slides presentation to updating conference’s website(which includes putting up 200+ links). Not to forget the marathon effort to extract individual research papers from huge pdfs, took two working days to do that and in the end I hated the word pdf :P. Thanks to C# atleast I was able to save myself from creating the web based table of contents, other wise in yester years my colleague used to do it manually(sheeesh) and yea along with those quite a many outside work which are so much part of such conferences and exhibitions. Anyhow I have a bad headache right now, its 2:20 at night and I have to be up in 3 hours. So this was the only reason of me being away from blog I wasn’t just finding time to write about anything though not much wasn’t happenin, oh yea did I mention I scratched my car against a cement column while attempting a suicidal parking maneuver . Ok it is not that bad just slight dents on right hand side doors but problem is since I didn’t know the rules here hence I didn’t bother to call the police and now I have discovered that nobody would repair those dents unless I get clearance from police that it was not a hit and run situation jeeeeeeeeez. And when I called up police two days after the incident the police walas tell me to take my car again to that spot and stand there in a similar way as I was then, call 999( which is similar to 911) and tell them that I have hit my car just now and come and give me clearance grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Pathans I tell you. Sometimes I feel living in Pakistan is so easy :P. oh well so I have talked to my driving instructor he knows someone there and will let me know what to do tomorrow so that’s it so now how many think I don’t deserve this car :P???

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home