Monday, April 03, 2006

Presentation woes

Ok there was this presentation I was given the task to prepare it. It was supposed to highlight the vision, the mission and all the services and the rest of bla bla of what our Department does or the ones which come under it do. In short it had to be a marketing thingy. Plus my manager wanted it to be “lively” which frankly I cudnt understand shroo mein what exactly he meant :P. Saadat made me a nice looking template infect two and I chose one, thanks bud :D. Problem was how and really how will I make it lively? My creativity requires a lot to be desired in this particular domain.

Had to read a 30 pages document to take out material from it good thing it had graphs in it so I was able to use them to make it “lively” plus google images rocks to gather related images. Then also I took out a 50 second piece from an instrumental to make it background loop and then with the help of PowerPoint transitions a nice “lively” looking presentation was made. There is a software Camtasia Studio(it is basically a movie maker) which can capture screen from PowerPoint slideshow and convert it into a movie format(which was another requirement , sigh) good thing it saves the transitions as they were so I just added the music loop with the help of this studio(it could have been done with PowerPoint too but this Studio gave me better flexibility) and voila it was ready. But all of this costed some long hours at work and my weekend and couple of nighters. The Good Thing he liked it (Thank God) and appreciated the “liveliness” :P , Bad Thing he suggested some features which he saw in some other presentation somewhere and wants something like this in this presentation too(grrrrrrrrrrrrr see this is the problem of producing good results, people tend to think you can do anything, everything and it happens everywhere). I will see what I can do about it, khair that’s about it. And this was keeping me from blogging.

Last week this stupid vending machine in one of the college’s building ate my 2 dirhams sigh sad :(. I inserted the coins, pressed the code for m&mz( really felt like having it) and kapooot the packed got stuck onto the coil and even after considerable pushing and kicking it never fell :( (It has happened before but then pushes did the trick). I called up the guy who maintains it and he was supposed to call me up the next day but sigh that never happened. Happens I guess.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home