Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Falling Car Deal and Al-Ain Musical

Ggrrrrrrrrrrr I don’t know what was I thinking when I said ok(and paid a very little amount, what they call token money) for a wonderfully modified BM 320, without having required funds in my bank account. Probably I was expecting that the banks would honor me and pay me required car loan. But no they can’t, model is too old to come under their conditions. So I was left with a choice of taking a personal loan from my bank. But since I have got here just 6 months back so they can’t grant me more than 20 k loan which is couple of thousands less than the required amount. Oh well so I called up home and my family wasn’t really comfortable with the interest thing and all. They suggested that they will look for some other sources, maybe in family or something. I know their own financial condition doesn’t allow them to loan me a substantial amount for a longer period, especially when they themselves are looking for a car. Ammi talked to one of my khala and the sweet khala immediately agreed to finance me :D, but the problem is her bank account is in Karachi(she herself is in US) so funds cannot be transferred immediately to me and that’s where the whole masla lies. The car dealer needs atleast 10k by Thursday otherwise the deal will be off. Parents are willing to send me funds until the complete transfer of funds from my aunt can be managed. I had to ask another friend of mine for the rest. Its really embarrassing asking someone for funds and I made my mom do it :(. And my father has been calling atleast twice a day asking for status like has that guy agreed for delayed payment, what are the bank details, did I manage anything from a friend ? etc etc etc I feel so bacha(child) right now :S, just like very old days. So now the situation is the car dealer wants 10k by Thursday and my parents and a friend is willing to send funds but that won’t arrive on time so I guess situation is quite hopeless right now. If you are thinking why I am going for a car while not having enough funds so isn’t it that’s the way it is these days everyone is leasing out cars and cars and cars plus conveyance is must here specially with my frequent Dubai trips and stupid taxi walas f—-ked up attitude (yup I need to write one post on that too).

Oh well(seems like I am using it a lot grrrrrr) due to this idiotic ban on blogspot by PTA has caused a dramatic reduction of readers so I wont be writing much about my ATP experience and shall upload pictures later too I am too lazy :P. and yes it is a difficult process uploading pics on flickr since its tool doesn’t work here.

This weekend there is Al Ain Classical Music Festival celebrating Mozart, it will be held in an old fort which is like 5 minutes walk from my home really. Can’t miss it :D.

For Tickets detail call
Intercontinental Resort Al Ain
Tel: +971-3-7686686

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home