Saturday, November 26, 2005

Some Weekend

Nothings better to start your day than having a cup of coffee. Ok weekend was blast , know why? Ok here goes. On Thursday Junoon had a concert in Dubai and since my cousin Talha aka Zerocool was accompanying the band (yup his complete tour was sponsored , lucky ass but then he is not an ordinary fan) there was no way, no way I would have missed this concert. Decided to meet him at the venue where the band would be practicing. Left home around 2ish and guess what I left my cam back, errrrrrrrrrr it was so frustrating, remembered it when I was on the highway so there was no turning back :(. But the good thing was Talha had to buy one so as soon as we met, I took him to the City Center. Got him a nice Sony Cybershot. We did a bit of shopping basically gifts for his family back home and rushed back to the Tennis stadium. He was quite impressed with the size of City Center and I was like yea just wait when you see “Mall of the Emirates” or “Ibn-e-Batuta” then we will talk on mall sizes :P. Entry was no masla when band manager would take you inside the venue himself :P, waited for like a hour or more for that damn thing to start. But it was worth a wait. Oh yea I forgot to mention it wasn’t just Junoon’s concert, there were those Indian bollywood cheapos or the so called “divas” who were supposed to do “their part” too. But Thank God Junoon started first so it was all good, concert was fun as usual their performance rocked, this time they had Tabla guy with them which gave an extra touch. Playlist was kinda similar which they have been doing since past few concerts. Seems like, not much is between them anymore. Two falling apart Poles of a band.

Salman Ahmed and Meekal Hasan played Heer, that was great as ever. Ali Azmat is sporting a new moustache style, I guess he brings about such changes just to keep the change going :P. But more than 2 hours of Junoon was a good fun. Crowd was great too, they were jumping, dancing and rocking, even girls had nothing to fear nothing like Karachi horrors. I took quite a few pics and Talha has posted some on the forum too.

After Junoon’s performance I went back stage and met Ali Azmat and Meekaal Hasan :D, could not meet Salman Ahmed *that is sad*. Haha and yea saw Diya Mirza up close , ok ok not that close. She was having “Red bull” just before her act :P, I guess looking for some energy. We had no mood to watch those Indian dancers shaking theirs so we left and went back to his hotel, got freshen up and went for dinner. Since he wanted to have a shawarma I took him to this Lebanese place there we had food , wasn’t really great but the condition we were in, anything would have done. After that we decided to have a “little” walk it was like 1 AM at night. Bit far we could see Emirates Towers standing tall, glowing with lights. He wanted to check those so I was like ok lets walk for a while and then will take a cab and go there. We ended up walking all the way there , that was a 2 hours walk, more than 4.5 Kms errrrrrrrrr. He kept on taking pictures of Dubai at night and making movie. We took a cab back to the hotel. My legs were dead tired so I straight away went to bed.

At morning, went to the hotel roof for the breakfast. There Meekaal Hasan, Allen (drummer), Ashiq Mir (Tabla master) and Hussnain(Band Manager) were having theirs. We took seats on the same table. Later it was just Meekal Hasan and both of us, so I had a little chat with him about his upcoming album and his other works. That guy is nice I mean he doesn’t sound any arrogant at all, talks nicely and listens to your opinions.

After that I said Goodbye to Talha, even it was their time to leave for the airport. I took the cab got to the bus station and headed home, reflecting on the weekend which has surely left lots of good memories :).

Got home, had lunch, cleaned up my TV longue which was quite a mess and went for soccer. Even I was surprised at myself, wasn’t expecting myself to last long but ended up playing for 45 minutes and after that couldn’t take a single step :P. In evening started reading Bono on Bono, it is a book on Bono but it in a conversation form. I felt like listening to two intellectuals talk and at times they didn’t make any sense at all :P. But still a good read, midway I slept and next thing I know it was 5:30 AM :(. No dinner no laundry errrrrrr. And now it is a new day, new week, back to routine. I am hearing it will be a long weekend this time, because of some UAE celebration and then Ali Azmat’s concert on first in Global Village. Don’t be surprised if I am there again :P.

Sheesh its one huge post , so I doubt many would read it :P. oh yea I did watch “Lord of War” on Wednesday night, good movie if you are interested in war weapons, kind of funny too aur haan Pak drew the second test at Faisalabad and all the blame goes to them first dropping too many catches in the first innings and then preparing the worst pitch that one could ever, a very negative approach. I believe PCB should be fined for making such a placid pitch, not only it kills the game but it will also drive back the spectators.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home