Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Culprits

Yesterday was a busy day, my first ever shawal fast followed by a hefty buffet(comprised of Mexican, Chinese, Indian and Paki dishes) and when I got back home decided to check on what was running on cinema. Found out about few nice ones including DOOM, Legend of Zorro and Corpse Bride. And the chosen one was Corpse Bride for two reasons one it had surprisingly good critic reviews on yahoo, plus it was its last day on show. Turned out to be an ok movie, I mean it is must watch once because of strong animation but story was kinda disappointing and typical as till the end I was trying to figure out how they gonna bring the guy and the girl together again something that we are quite used to watch in Indian movies now. But still eik dafa daikhna.
While In the mall I discovered Etisilat is running a contest of fastest fingers, rules were a sentence will be displayed on the screen and whoever types it and sends it first as a sms to a specified number will win 5 tele cards that was prize of worth 150 dhs woaaah. Sigh I tried but couldn’t win :(.

Today again my Iraqi colleague took me to the same food place(yesterday he was with me too), he seems to like that buffet. Now most probably will watch another movie tonite. Lets see. Dubai(read Dubai not Al-Ain) is buzzing with events concert of Phil Collins, some bhangra concert, Dubai Comedy festival, Scorpions concert, Brazil UAE friendly soccer match and a called off concert of U2 cover band :(. I Don’t think I will be attending anyone of them, although Dubai is just at an hour drive but with such late night events it doesn’t make it feasible to come back to Al-Ain on same night. Plus traveling cost doubles the ticket’s cost.

People in Pakistan seem to have loads of extra money, I heard about people traveling to Dubai just to attend Phil Collins concert that too on an urgent visa. But then that is what passion is all about, plus how can I justify my own visits to cinema and a plan to attend U2 Cover band’s concert. I believe we all are culprits.

--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home