Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Stomach infection and Data loss but for the real thing keep on reading...

"The relative importance of files depends on their cost in terms of the human effort needed to regenerate them." -- T.A. Dolotta

Couple of posts back I shared this quote and now I know exactly what it means. Yesterday when I started writing a new post, my laptop’s hard disk crashed and with it data worth of two years. Some of you might not feel the intensity but those who have gone through it will exactly know how I feel. The loss included all my work related files, my documents, pictures I took with my cam, music I collected, softwares I downloaded, ebooks I collected, not to forget recipes. Everything digital I had gathered or gerenarated from past two years was on that laptop and stupidly of stupidies I had no backup. An IT techie and such carelessness, unbelievable. It is simply heart breaking. Although I am trying to move on and accept the reality but as soon as any specific file comes to mind emotions start running high. It is actually quite weird that how we become attached to something which is digital. I guess we have become used to our digital selves. Loss of pictures have hurt me most, those were the memories, memories which were reflection of past two years of my life. I haven’t given up yet I will most probably hand it over to some company which specializes in data recovery though it will cost me fortune but I might take the chance. And all this followed my return from illness which saw me hospitalized for two days. A minor stomach pain which lasted for couple of days forced me to see a doctor and after 2 hours I found myself in patient’s gown and admitted. After series of painstaking tests and procedure whose details I would prefer not to share :P(the docs among you can very well guess). Thank God everything seems fine now, my stomach is functioning perfectly and fears of block in my colon have been evaporated, but again not before some serious pain. I choose to inform my parents straight away, though some of my friends believed it was an act of stupidity. But I have different opinions, for me parents are everything and in every step you need their prayers. Though I must admit I provided them huge amount of tension but just knowing they are with helped me a lot. And one thing I know that the only true love in this world is Parental love nothing beats to it, that’s it fullstop, there is no other love sorry folks the verdict is here.

As a result of that I am on diet for two weeks, I am supposed to avoid spices and food items which can make my stomach go balloon. Hence I am surviving on soup, yogurt and bread. I would like to thank my friends who were constantly messaging or calling me and getting updates and praying. Thank you guys it means a lot.

Oh well now coming to the actual thingy for which this post was supposed to be written but events mentioned above and my laziness keep dragging it back. On February the 21st 2007 Roger Waters performed in Dubai Media City in front of a huge crowd and I was one lucky soul to be there. It was a breathtaking performance from the ex Pink Floyd guy. Just imagine you have been listening to these songs from past 10 years, they are tour absolute favorites and you get a chance to attend the concert, totally awesome experience. Atmosphere was electric, Sound quality and visual effects mind blowing. It was pure magic especially when he sang The Wall, I definitely wasn’t in this world then. Pictures are uploaded on flickr here and video clips on youtube, enjoy :).

World Cup is about to start , already warm up matches are underway, hopefully by Thursday I would have written an exclusive World Cup post.

Labels: ,

--!>

--> << Home