Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Sunday Trip

Sunday was fun, went out of town with relatives. And guess where we went, to the land of VL yes you have guessed it right Balochistan. My uncle is posted at Soumyani( read Soum Yani) beach, and a visit was long due so last Sunday was chosen for it( although I wasn’t happy about it, I get only one day for a looonnnggg sleep and it was ruined). After two hours of bus ride which I believe is the most fun part of any outing, we got to his place. It wasn’t the kind of surrounding I was expecting it to be or the image that was drawn in my mind by different people was slightly more breathtaking. Nevertheless still the scene was a great sight. His house is located on top of the cliff and from the tip one can see sea waves crashing against the shore. And I have heard at night it becomes quite a scene. Anyhow after lunch had little bit of soccer before we all got exhausted, it was good to see I still got my touch ;). Went to beach afterwards and you all know what happens next. But the best part was, there was no one on the shore except us and the poor crabs yessssss we had crabbing. I think we caught about 20 of them.

So on Monday we decided to have the crab party, I asked for a recipe from my office cook who happens to be ex-gymkhana cook and he suggested to me quite a mouth watering one. I won’t go into the details of how we managed to get eatable stuff out of the crabs (it was quite a eeewwwww for many). Anyways in the end the fried crabs came out pretty well and tasty ;). One thing which made me feel bad is the way you kill a crab, the only way to do is to boil them dead and that is a very very painful and slow death. May Allah forgive us.


--!>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

--> << Home